5 Easy Tips for Throwing the Ultimate Summer Party
(BPT) - There's nothing quite like a summer party where beautiful weather, great food and good friends come together to create memories that last. If you're looking forward to throwing a summer party but you're not sure how to get started, the following tips will have you outside enjoying a warm breeze with your friends in no time.
* Formulate the guest list. What's a party without guests, right? Start by determining how many people you can comfortably host and create your guest list with this realistic number in mind. Friends, family and co-workers can all attend, but make sure to invite people you know will be respectful of your home and your neighborhood as their actions reflect on you. You might consider adding your neighbors as well as they may feel slighted if they aren't invited to the big party taking place next door.
* Pick a theme. Theme parties make planning and decorating so much easier, and they provide guests an immediate sense of what kind of party it is, how to dress, etc. If you own a pool, invite everyone to a day at the beach. Or, pick a theme around your favorite television show. Whatever you decide, carry your theme through to the decorations, the attire and the invitations themselves.
* Dress your party to impress. The right decorations are a matter of taste and your skill level. If you're the creative type, you may enjoy building your own decorations from scratch. Or, you might prefer to simply purchase your decorations from a local party supply store. No matter what you choose, select decorations that complement the theme of your party. Remember to make sure areas like the food table and sitting areas are appropriately decorated.
* A flavor for every taste. Warm weather gatherings shouldn't involve a lot of time in the kitchen working over a hot stove. Instead, consider offering a selection of easy, ready-to-eat snacks in a variety of flavors.
* Keep them entertained. The right entertainment options can keep your party going longer. If you have a pool, make it the main attraction and don't forget the floats! Outdoor yard games like darts, lawn bowling or bean bag toss are popular and you can encourage participation by turning them into a competition. Smaller groups may appreciate a deck of cards and no one can say no to bingo if there's a prize on the line. Good music is a must so be sure to load your iPod with a fun, upbeat playlist your guest will enjoy.
Planning the perfect party is easier than you may think. With a little preparation and the right food, decorations and entertainment, you can give your guests a memorable event they'll be talking about all summer long.